Saturday, November 03, 2007

A Big Step

Thursday morning... I woke up early and prepared to go to Bulacan. I was initially dreading this day because of a small family issue but realized that I had to make a choice and it is to face them, even if I was all by myself.

Upon entering the doorstep, my lola and uncle were there. I greeted my lola. There was silence. Then my uncle talked to the driver and Deda. He gave them an earful. You see, I wasn't really the one involved in this issue but my cousins who I live with, my aunt in the US and those two I mentioned. I just had myself involved because I felt I had to make a stand and I was the one who first made a "retaliation" in their defense. I was in the kitchen with my other cousins and aunt when my uncle walked towards us. I thought he was going to confront me next. I was nervous but ready. And then I saw the look on his face. It wasn't anger towards me but it was a look that seemed as though he didn't know where to begin and which words to use. He was being careful and he was explaining. Him. That uncle of mine who I fought several fights with before. He.was.explaining.to.me! I felt ashamed and relieved and touched and happy and sad all at the same time. It was a humbling experience. And there, we realized there was a misunderstanding. Still, it wasn't resolved as the other party refuses to make a communication. I sent an SMS to my aunt in the US to give them a call to clear things up but she hasn't.

Just being there to face them may be a simple task but it is A BIG STEP on my part. I am glad I made the right decision. It wasn't easy but it was all worth it. Why? Because they are my family and I love them and I would do anything for them... I hope they resolve the issue immediately.

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,
but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy,
and understand all mysteries and all knowledge,
and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains,
but have not love, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor,
and though I give my body to be burned,
but have not love, it profits me nothing.
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy;
love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
does not behave rudely, does not seek its own,
is not provoked, thinks no evil;
does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails."
-- 1 Corinthians 13:1-8a

No comments: