Monday, September 03, 2007

DVD Marathon

Being a true blue couch potato, most part of the idle times I'm at home is spent watching DVDs. In fact, I have a bunch of unopened DVDs of the old and the latest TV series from all the CSI versions to the so-called Koreanovelas. I guess it all started with the upsurge to fame of the F4 via Meteor Garden. I bought both seasons of Meteor Garden and grew a strong penchant for the show and one member of the group, Jerry Yan a.k.a. Dao Mingzu. Currently I am watching two TV series: That 70s Show and Gilmore Girls.

Believe it or not, since the defunct That 70s Show aired in 1998, I only started watching it on DVD about a week ago because Joy bought all the seasons available. It took me a very long while to see it because first, '70s era does not interest me at all. I love the '80s. Second, I used to think that this show is just all nonsense crap. BUT, I was wrong. The minute I played it on, I was laughing endlessly. There was no dull moment in every episode. It's just sad it ended already on its 8th season. I love Eric and Donna! Kitty, Eric's mom is hilarious! I'm still on the first few episodes of season 1 and I want to take it slow...


So, I'm watching it alternately with Gilmore Girls. I'm on season 4. I love Rory but I love Lorelai more! She's a cool and pretty mom. Watching Gilmore Girls is not complete without coffee and pizza on the side. There's this one time I watched it past bedtime, I had to pause the player and go down to the kitchen in the middle of the night to make myself a cup of hot coffee. You see, I love coffee too and watching them drink it over and over again is a torture to me. Did you know I almost set up our coffee maker inside my bedroom? Hahaha. Didn't push thru though. There are the series that I watch religiously and download over the net. I watch them with my Maxian and I miss watching them and can't wait for the new season:
  • Grey's Anatomy - Season 4's pilot episode will be aired on September 27. Can't wait!
  • Prison Break - Season 3 will air on September 18. The ridiculous rumor that Wentworth Miller is gay just made a lot of fans curious to watch the next season. Good job!
  • Heroes - Season 2 will air on September 24.
  • Smallville - Season 7 will air on September 27.
  • I have yet to watch House, MD. I have the copy of season 1 but I can't find it anymore.

    No comments: