Monday, December 31, 2007

My 2007

The year 2007 has been a good year for me. There may be a few hurdles here and there but overall it still was a good year highlighted into:

1. Travels - I've been to two places I've never been to. I had my first ever trip to the USA in April. It was the sweetest! I enjoyed every minute of it tremendously. Who wouldn't when you were denied of a visit four times over? In August I went to Cebu with friends courtesy of the BBE! (You know who you are!!!).

2. My 12 year old cousin's hospitalization - Aj got into an accident in school, suffered a severe fracture and had undergone two major operations in June. It was difficult for the family to face but I know that from that experience, each one of us learned the value of acceptance, gratitude and appreciation to things and people that matter.

3. Social conscience - If there is one trait I am proudest to say I inherited from my dad, it is being selfless -- thinking of other people's welfare before one's own. I really think that no amount of lecture can hone a person's character. The most important factor that will characterize a person is his environment and the people around him. I am grateful that the most important persons in my life in my growing years made a great influence in me to be someone who is altruistic. They did not teach or force me to be one, though. They showed me how to be one so I grew up knowing that that's how it is supposed to be.

4. Food Trips - Looking back, this year has brought me to new food places and old favorite places I keep coming back to which is why I have gained so much weight but I'm not complaining because I've gained new friends, too.

To my family, friends and everyone who has been a part of my 2007, THANK YOU.

1 comment:

bexieville said...

it was fun and thanks too =) Next year i wonder where will we be going =)