Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bikram Yoga - Day 1

I signed up for a seven-day unlimited trial session of Bikram Yoga in Bikram Yoga Greenhills. Bikram Yoga is a challenging series of 26 postures done in a heated room over a 90-minute period. The series is designed to provide a comprehensive workout that increases the body's strength, balance, and flexibility. It is done in a hot room to make the muscles more pliable, allowing a safer stretch during class.

I contemplated which of the two studios here in Manila I should attend classes to, Makati or Greenhills. I chose the latter because it is cheaper. I arrived almost an hour earlier. It was a relief that there were two newbies like me during our class. They were both friendly. Actually almost everyone in the studio is friendly - from the staff to the instructors to the "yogis". I like the atmosphere. I wasn't able to religiously follow the positions correctly but I am so happy I survived my first day! I was sweating like I've never sweat before! I'm glad too that finally I was able to use my five year old, never used yoga mat. I bought this when I enrolled in a yoga class somewhere in 6750 Ayala several years ago. I never attended a single class.:D That is so me. I wish this time it will be different.

No comments: